This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1994 Convertible on auction

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Just in case anyone is interested, there is a 1994 Corvette convertible up for a liquidation auction in Red Deer with Montgomery Auctions. 5.7 litre LT1 engine and showing 79,311 km. By the the pictures looks to be in excellent condition. 3 days left for the online bidding and it has been sitting at $7,250 now for 2 days. Here's the auction link if anyone wants to look.

Morning to all . Just checked that 94 . It’s not 79311 k its miles . About 128.000 k . My trans am fireHawk ragtop 6 speed manual would have been more fun . I doubt by late Monday this car will be a good deal . But will see . Vary Interesting . But remember auction items have no history or real records. Much harder retail sale At the end of the day . It’s there big money ticket on this auction, there not going to give it away . Plus these new on line auctions have no checks to insure your not bidding against a runner . hence they get the top dollar , if it doesn’t sell It will appear in another auction . Best of luck for anyone on it . It a vary difficult game to navigate. trust nobody

I have been dealing at this auction for a few years now and have never been run up on anything or felt they were in any way shady. And I have bought several big ticket items. They have a good reputation in Alberta for the last 33 years. But you are correct in that no one knows the history of the car and getting a decent mechanic assessment on it is pretty much impossible. I agree that the price at the moment is attractive but most experienced buyers will wait to see where it goes and if still a good deal will jump in late. I am going to view some other items there tomorrow and will take a look at it just for $hits and giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread