Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Good day all!
For a short history, I bought a 1993 GMC Sierra with a 350 so I can swap the motor into my 1992 S10 4x4 that currently has a 4.3. Both have Tbi and the swap is supposed to be butter easy as all the wiring is the same. I'm going to purchase a package specific for fitting the 350 in 4x4 S10's which includes a new oil pan, exhaust, smaller starter, and motor mounts. However, I would like to get a little more out of the 350 than the 180 neck snapping hp that it currently has. My goal, so I don't rip the S10 drivetrain in half, is 250 to 300 hp.
So, to keep the egr valve and everything relatively normal, I think I am going to go with L98 heads and a mild cam. There is a set of iron L98 heads in Edmonton that have been mildly ported and machined with new valve springs to allow .500 lift. They are asking $425. Is this worth it? I like the idea of Vortec heads but haven't found a good way to integrate the tbi intake with the Vortec heads so that idea may be off the table. I'm trying to keep the motor build in the $800 to $1000 range.
Thoughts? Any ideas on a good cam? I was going to contact Comp Cam and see what they recommend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.