AL92

I'm New Here
Sep 3, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1992 corvette
I’m new to this forum and not a question about optispark because all replacements sound like crap lol. I live in West Kelowna and made the mistake of moving to a condo no more shop. . I’m am running delteq which still uses the disk in optispark. I’ve checked delteq and everything seems fine on that end. I want to remove optispark (not sure if it’s oem)and have a look inside to see if anything is salvageable. If the opti has crapped out will replace optispark,water pump and all seals on front timing cover. If anyone reading this knows a mechanic that is familiar with the LT1 in the Kelowna area I would appreciate hearing from you. This car has been sitting in my condo garage for 2 years, it’s my only toy left would like to getting it running again. I wish I could work on it here but if I open the hood I get told about the rules lol. The vette is getting old just like me but its still a thrill.
Thanks
AL

Reactions: nascar03
I saw a program on "All Girls Garage" on TV a couple weeks ago and they were changing a LT1 camshaft. Water pump had to come off and doing that always causes water to run into the optispark unit. They replaced both the water pump and optispark to get it running again. You might want to check with the local Corvette club to see if anyone has a recommendation for a mechanic. Welcome to the Kelowna Corvette Club

• Useful
Reactions: Nik and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.