Casual User
Feb 9, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
1991 ZR-1
Province
USA
Hello neighbors,

I recently purchased a 1991 ZR1 here in Michigan. After running the CarFax shows that the car originally was delivered to St. Leonard, Quebec to its first owner in 4/3/1993... which makes me believe that a dealership owner had the car for a while until sold as a DEMO in 1993. Not sure if that is true but would seem to be the case. I don't have any other explanation for the timeline.

I've tried contacting a HAMEL Chevrolet in ST. Leonard, Quebec to see if they were the ones that owned the car and or sold it but no returned phone calls or emails yet. I'm not even sure if that dealer was around in 1991 and if it was, it could have been under a different name or ownership.

So, I'm looking for any help or info that someone on here might be able to provide me with as for this car is a bit rare in its color combo and then add its a export Z. I don't have the original window sticker or the original owners box. Hoping it maybe be still around and someone has it in their Vette collectables that they would be willing to sell me to reunite the items with the car.

She is a white with steel blue interior 91 ZR1, 1 of only 15 built in this color combo (then add she is one of the 152 total Z's exported to CAN in 91). Last 4 of the VIN, car number #1131.

Thank you all for your time in advance...

Joe in Michigan

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 52
  • SCDxaYEiQqe8Aio+JkJacA.jpg
    SCDxaYEiQqe8Aio+JkJacA.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 6Xnux3jfTAGoYPrU+Ow4yw.jpg
    6Xnux3jfTAGoYPrU+Ow4yw.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 9zXkYnpsS2u6PfmwHKe1yg.jpg
    9zXkYnpsS2u6PfmwHKe1yg.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hi Joe. Most dealers had change administration since, Hamel was not there in 1993 and as been sold to the Dilawri group not to long ago. Good luck with your search. I am still trying to remember and will post if something come to my mind. BTW, nice car, congrats.

In Ontario, we have this thing called a UVIP. (Used vehicle info pkg).
If you're near ontario, go into any MTO (ministry of transportation). The counter person needs the whole vin, and 20 bucks.
You get a 4 page (at least) printout of the vehicle's history.
I don't have any 1st hand carfax experience, but what you're looking for might be there.

Thanks guys for the info. I checked that link on the Vin but it didn't tell me what dealer it was sold through etc. It basically showed what the CarFax showed here in the States.

I just contacted the Corvette Museum and ordered a duplicate window sticker and build sheet. they say wait up to 6 weeks. Still hope the original owners kit and widow decal is around in someones collection.

From my experience CarFax is a joke. I bought an exotic car that came out of Quebec many years ago. When it came time to sell it 5 years later the next owner wanted it inspected. I had no problem with that because hey I had the CarFax clean bill of health. Guess what? The car had been in an accident before I bought it and couldn't be aligned properly and had cracked welds and other damage from a collision. So a clean CarFax was bogus. Get your car thoroughly checked out when you get the time.

From my experience CarFax is a joke. I bought an exotic car that came out of Quebec many years ago. When it came time to sell it 5 years later the next owner wanted it inspected. I had no problem with that because hey I had the CarFax clean bill of health. Guess what? The car had been in an accident before I bought it and couldn't be aligned properly and had cracked welds and other damage from a collision. So a clean CarFax was bogus. Get your car thoroughly checked out when you get the time.

The problem with all these site like carfax and others is if the owner of the car paid from is pocket for any reason like to much claim, drunk driving or other reasons, there will be no trace of the accident.

Reactions: kerry4
Hello neighbors,

I recently purchased a 1991 ZR1 here in Michigan. After running the CarFax shows that the car originally was delivered to St. Leonard, Quebec to its first owner in 4/3/1993... which makes me believe that a dealership owner had the car for a while until sold as a DEMO in 1993. Not sure if that is true but would seem to be the case. I don't have any other explanation for the timeline.

I've tried contacting a HAMEL Chevrolet in ST. Leonard, Quebec to see if they were the ones that owned the car and or sold it but no returned phone calls or emails yet. I'm not even sure if that dealer was around in 1991 and if it was, it could have been under a different name or ownership.

So, I'm looking for any help or info that someone on here might be able to provide me with as for this car is a bit rare in its color combo and then add its a export Z. I don't have the original window sticker or the original owners box. Hoping it maybe be still around and someone has it in their Vette collectables that they would be willing to sell me to reunite the items with the car.

She is a white with steel blue interior 91 ZR1, 1 of only 15 built in this color combo (then add she is one of the 152 total Z's exported to CAN in 91). Last 4 of the VIN, car number #1131.

Thank you all for your time in advance...

Joe in Michigan

Hi Joe, my service manager have a pretty good memory, Before Hamel, it was Brien Chevrolet. He sold to Hamel then Hamel sold to Delawri. They are still at the same location, dont have a clue if they kept any records of the previous owners. Good Luck

Stephane

The problem with all these site like carfax and others is if the owner of the car paid from is pocket for any reason like to much claim, drunk driving or other reasons, there will be no trace of the accident.
Exactly.

Thank you for the info. This will help me at least with the potential dealership. Was Brien Chevrolet the only Chevy dealer in St. Leonard, Quebec? Or should I be looking at another?

Hi Joe, my service manager have a pretty good memory, Before Hamel, it was Brien Chevrolet. He sold to Hamel then Hamel sold to Delawri. They are still at the same location, dont have a clue if they kept any records of the previous owners. Good Luck

Stephane

Update: So, I received my reproduction window sticker and build sheet from the Corvette Museum and it shows the city of destination is NOT the same as the city of first registry of ownership. Now I'm a tad baffled by this one. Thoughts????

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1d2e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1d2e.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 41
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread