VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG_3489.JPG
IMG_3490.JPG
IMG_3491.JPG
I bought this new from Stampede Toyota in August 1988. This was back in the height (no pun intended) of my hiking/climbing days so this truck suited my needs wonderfully. I made a plywood cabinet in the back that was divided into 3 compartments for various items. I covered it with that old outdoor patio carpet stuff and was able to put my air mattress over the full length of it,avoiding the fender humps inside the box. I was quite comfy at night.

The winter pic is at the BC/Alberta border on the Radium Hwy,just west of Storm Mountain Lodge before trying a winter attempt on Mt Whymper.

2nd pic is in the loading bay at the Shell Aerocentre Hangar off McKnight Blvd before washing it.

3rd pic is out in Kananaskis Country near Bragg Creek doing some mountain biking.

Great little truck. Drove it to Vancouver 4 times. Had a couple of brake issues with it but overall,I liked it and it suited my lifestyle at the time perfectly. Ended up selling it to a guy I used to work with.

Those were good trucks. First generation with the IFS, wasn't it? I like the Toyotas, which now that I think of it, maybe had something to do with Back to the Future. :D
Your truck looks great in those pictures. It's too bad you don't see many of them today. However, a month or two ago, I ran into a really good one at my buddies shop, so I had to snap a picture of that truck and mine side by side.

IMG_3692.JPG

Those were good trucks. First generation with the IFS, wasn't it? I like the Toyotas, which now that I think of it, maybe had something to do with Back to the Future. :D
Your truck looks great in those pictures. It's too bad you don't see many of them today. However, a month or two ago, I ran into a really good one at my buddies shop, so I had to snap a picture of that truck and mine side by side.

View attachment 11482
Like my C6,I drove this thing silly. Bought it with under 30 kilometres and sold it with 298,000 or so in 2001. I recall it was close to 300K. Good truck. Lots of fun. Probably drove this truck the most on Hwy 40 of everything I've owned. Great in the snow. Heater could've been a little stronger maybe. Fan made a bit of noise in the minus 25 and colder days. Stopped once the cab warmed up. I had a JVC CD player in this with 6 speakers and a 150 watt booster in the dash !! Lol. It was pretty loud in there.

I like the older Toyota trucks. Older brothers semi grad and birthday present was a near new 1987 Toyota 4X4 in 1988. Think I miss that truck more then he does. Got my license September of 1988. Did drive it a lot. But I was stuck mostly with our 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer beast with wood panel delete. Nice about BC we can drive on most logging roads around here. So we did lots of off road trips. Brothers best friend had a VW Westfalia so we'd camp at a park site and explore the back mountain roads. I'm thinking of doing the same now days.............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread