May 5, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
1978 Corvette
Province
ON
Hi folks
I'm Michael and am new to the forum. I was happy to find out that I inherited my aunt's 1978 Silver Anniversary - I'm 46 and remember her picking me up in that car when I was a kid lol.

Having had it up on a hoist, some trusted experts checked out the frame and found it to be a total ruin. So now I'm on the hunt for a chassis, rolling or otherwise, that I can consider for the car.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hi folks
I'm Michael and am new to the forum. I was happy to find out that I inherited my aunt's 1978 Silver Anniversary - I'm 46 and remember her picking me up in that car when I was a kid lol.

Having had it up on a hoist, some trusted experts checked out the frame and found it to be a total ruin. So now I'm on the hunt for a chassis, rolling or otherwise, that I can consider for the car.

Thanks

Nice to see your Aunt thought of you. With your restoration plans, it looks like your Vette has found a good home and no doubt that's why. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Are you planning on doing this yourself? If not it will be very expensive. Santo is on hwy 9 south side btn Airport Rd and hwy 50 ((416) 999-6635). He just got back from spring Carlisle so he may have a good idea on what’s available. If the frame is rotten the birdcage is likely toast as well. If you are not able to do the work yourself dropping $30k plus will just get the car back on the road. How’s the interior, paint, suspension, brakes, engine, fuel etc. It is so easy to get upside down with these projects, be careful and be realistic.

Hi folks

Thanks
Go to the Classifieds section here on the forum and post a wanted ad. You might get lucky here as we have lots of C3 guys that have rebuilt their rides that might know of a frame and birdcage.

Users who are viewing this thread