Nov 27, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
1960 CORVETTE
Province
BC
I'm restoring my 60 corvette. I want to add power steering and power brakes with a new subframe for my suspension. It appears that I have to modify my steering column in order to retain my original steering wheel. Since everything is stock, I don't want to mess with my steering column, but the original steering wheel is a must have. What options do I have available to me, besides forgetting about the subframe and then rebuilding my original suspension? Greatly appreciate any feedback!

Installed a steroids power steering unit C/w supplied steering column which fitted directly to my original 62 steering wheel. So have single digit steering which is a bit touchy so am fitting a pressure regulator to drop pump pressure.A subframe with newer style suspension would be nice.
Bob

i did the sterroids with my 61 as well and also the front disc conversion from corvette central. great additions. actually just sold car. still have all the old stock pces. the new owner did not want.. blue cruiser u maybe need a deal on some good driver rear bumpers or 62 black door panels ??

you might look into the electric conversion as well. no pump needed and about the same price.
Unit fits up under dash. Both require modification to the steering column however .
Flaming river systems do NOT work on the C2 without major modifications including weird headers
Have not tried on the C1 though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.