VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG 1326
IMG 1327
IMG 1328

Inside the Porsche dealership service area. A 1954 Porsche Speedster,Hollywood Celebrity owned,allegedly.

Ha - it did appear rude - didn't it! Don't recall the term from the 90's Volkswagen commercials? Loosely translated I think it meant 'driving enjoyment'. I don't recall them flogging porsches in the ads.. mostly beetles and vans... and young, German hipsters yelling 'fahrvergnugen'!

Great pics Mike - there sure aren't many true original 356’s around. I apreciate their simplicity, like the early C1s. We have a couple of replicas in town mocked up with race numbers like James Dean's porsche fatale. They look very uncomfortable to drive!

Fahrvergnugen, yah!!!

One of many classics I should have bought back in the day...... Back in the late 1980's, the speedster was very inexpensive. You could buy a decent 356 coupe for around $14k Canadian...... The speedster wasn't much more money wise. I kick myself for not getting one back then. The other was a 1973 Dino by Ferrari. A decent driver I found could have been had for $12k in 1990. Last was a 383 Road Runner upgraded too a 440 six pack. Could have bought the car with the 383 as a spare for $6k Canadian...................... Vancouver (actually Burnaby now) has a replica manufacture that is highly regarded even by most Porsche guys. Intermecanicca (sp?)..... Even Porsche specific magazines have given them excellent reviews. I'm seriously thinking of having one built by them.

I would expect that it is not a genuine 1954 Porsche. I'm going to hazard the opinion that this one is a good quality replica... possibly an Intermeccanica. The wheels and tires are far too hefty for a '54. I also think a '54 would have 4 fairly small round tail lights.
Could very well have been owned by a celebrity though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.