XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
a friend just called told me they got a stone in the headlight of their 2018 Chev truck, it don't light anymore !! , no dealers around had one but GM Kindersley said yup just got 2 in come down, so 3 hour drive they go , wrong headlight and the stupid thing is $ 1800 , have to order the other one. I can't believe how out to lunch this modern junk is. 2 headlights I can almost buy another ugly C4 !! Just another reason why I am turned off modern vehicles. I am fortunate that I can do all my own work on old school stuff and will keep driving them all as long as they give me a licence .

Well good for you Michael.

Pointless rant on a corvette forum really.

I expect back when the rocks were still warm guys twice your age were saying the same crap.

Shaking my head man. Wow

I'm surprised you dont just duct tape a set of old seal beams from your junkyard to his for him Michael. :Nopity:

.....I told him to put a candle in there instead. He was just ticked off not even the monster size dealer in Watrous where he bought it new doesn't even stock a headlight and he drove all that way to Kindersley for nothing, and then they tell him 1800 for a headlight.

Yep! That is what we pay for all the new fangled dodads that are so much better than what got us here in the first place. HaHa
Son's BMW light was $1500 two years ago. Luckily he was still on warranty = $0

a friend just called told me they got a stone in the headlight of their 2018 Chev truck, it don't light anymore !! , no dealers around had one but GM Kindersley said yup just got 2 in come down, so 3 hour drive they go , wrong headlight and the stupid thing is $ 1800 , have to order the other one. I can't believe how out to lunch this modern junk is. 2 headlights I can almost buy another ugly C4 !! Just another reason why I am turned off modern vehicles. I am fortunate that I can do all my own work on old school stuff and will keep driving them all as long as they give me a licence .
Yep. My decent '87 C4 cost me $3500 and $500 for exhaust to certify it, about 4 years ago.

Reactions: XFIRE82
.....I told him to put a candle in there instead. He was just ticked off not even the monster size dealer in Watrous where he bought it new doesn't even stock a headlight and he drove all that way to Kindersley for nothing, and then they tell him 1800 for a headlight.
Not sure if I picked 2018 truck configuration right but show this to dealership..maybe they will match $1500

Not sure if I picked 2018 truck configuration right but show this to dealership..maybe they will match $1500

........he said they put the light in that they got in and it is the wrong one, big gap around it or something, apparantly 2 different lights for that truck, and price is actually 1849.00 plus taxes and installation. Cheaper to fix a Vette than a chev 1/2 ton. None in salvage yet so he is driving with one eye .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.