JLFC

Casual User
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Corvette Z06
I was wondering if you guys might have any insight into or any knowledge to share about 180 degree headers. I find the exhaust note and performance gains due to even exhaust pulses to be really appealing!

Cheers. :Cheers2:

Welcome to the forum JLFC. I know just a tiny bit about these but I think using a X pipe give a very similar result. I am not sure you could fit this type of plumbing on a corvette, it's more for race cars.
I'll dig a little deeper into that matter and come back with the results for the forum. I've seen it before on YouTube but it seems to be a PITA to get it done... really like the idea though :WillyNilly:

Last edited:
I agree JLFC, interesting sound. I remember hearing them on late model stock cars years ago and the sound is truly unique.

I did see a thread on another forum that I guy did build a set for a C5, very complex very time consuming and I suspect if you cannot fabricate and weld very expensive.

I love the ingenuity of people who build headers, making them fit and work is an art form.

Joe Gosek's Oswego Supermodified

Trs0iNPl.jpg

International Supermodified Association racers
1SJn5KKl.jpg

416w1pEl.jpg

Reactions: hemicat and JLFC
I agree JLFC, interesting sound. I remember hearing them on late model stock cars years ago and the sound is truly unique.

I did see a thread on another forum that I guy did build a set for a C5, very complex very time consuming and I suspect if you cannot fabricate and weld very expensive.

I love the ingenuity of people who build headers, making them fit and work is an art form.

Joe Gosek's Oswego Supermodified

Trs0iNPl.jpg

International Supermodified Association racers
1SJn5KKl.jpg

416w1pEl.jpg
Damn. That's some serious machinery... Awesome feedback Black 03 Z06!

I'll keep this thread posted on my research.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.