Oct 16, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
C6 GS Convertible
Province
ON
On a 95 or 96 if anyone has replaced the drivers side 20” windshield wiper blade with a 18” windshield wiper blade could they let me know the manufacture and part # ?

On a 95 or 96 if anyone has replaced the drivers side 20” windshield wiper blade with a 18” windshield wiper blade could they let me know the manufacture and part # ?

I'm going out on a limb here Hamilton but wiper blades are about as generic as vanilla ice cream.... They all have multiple connectors to attach to any wiper arm.... (the blades, not the ice cream).... ;) Grab an 18" blade anywhere and you should be good to go...

I'm going out on a limb here Hamilton but wiper blades are about as generic as vanilla ice cream.... They all have multiple connectors to attach to any wiper arm.... (the blades, not the ice cream).... ;) Grab an 18" blade anywhere and you should be good to go...

Thanks for the reply but..... A while ago I replaced the original wipers with wipers that according to a Carquest rep were fitment wipers for my car. The carquest wipers ended up getting stuck under the hood edge AND chipped the paint. I took them back telling them what happened and they took them back (after charging a 15% restocking fee!). So after that experience I decided to replace with the AC Delco wipers that are for my car (driver & passenger wipers are different on 95 & 96) and had no issues with hood interference. Now because of a wiper clash I want to replace the drivers with a AC Delco 18” wiper. 18” wipers are stock for a 93 but I’m told by a GM rep that these 18” wipers won’t fit a 96?? So that why I asked the question to see if any other 95 or 96 owners have changed to a 18” on the drivers side.
Sorry for the loooong story😝.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Thanks for the reply but..... A while ago I replaced the original wipers with wipers that according to a Carquest rep were fitment wipers for my car. The carquest wipers ended up getting stuck under the hood edge AND chipped the paint. I took them back telling them what happened and they took them back (after charging a 15% restocking fee!). So after that experience I decided to replace with the AC Delco wipers that are for my car (driver & passenger wipers are different on 95 & 96) and had no issues with hood interference. Now because of a wiper clash I want to replace the drivers with a AC Delco 18” wiper. 18” wipers are stock for a 93 but I’m told by a GM rep that these 18” wipers won’t fit a 96?? So that why I asked the question to see if any other 95 or 96 owners have changed to a 18” on the drivers side.
Sorry for the loooong story😝.
I stand corrected. Almost daily I learn something new on the forum which is exactly what a forum should do. Thanks for the clarification Hamilton. :thumbs:

wish I could help you with some info, all I can say and show is my 93 has 18's , just a center pin pivet , when they are down they fall into a couple of " L " shaped brackets.

IM003812.JPG

IM003814.JPG

IM003813.JPG

IM003811.JPG

Thanks for the pics but apparently the pin size is smaller on the 93 & 94 than on the 95 & 96. I’m waiting to hear back from Corvette Depot as they ha be a supplier that has an 18” that will work. I will report back later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.