Will be at the Orillia main street car show on Saturday helping the Coping Centre with their Corvette raffle. Should be a good day there. Would love to go to the Carlisle event at least once. I was at a Carlisle spring swap meet about 22 years ago and that was a great experience. The guy I went with had a motorhome and rented a space in a back yard just over the fence on the west side of the show property and near a gate. It was great. I would imagine that you would want to have a room booked a long time ago if you want to stay anywhere close.

I would like to go this year. It would be my first time down there but I can't find anyone to go with me. Also, I don't know where to stay. I am still needing some parts for my '71.
you could try the Best Western in Carlisle @ 717-243-6200 that's where we stay each year, it's close to the fairgrounds and reasonably priced

Any travel plans for the ride home yet, Colin?

Steamer (Rob) has done all the itinerary -- It'll be as much a surprise for me too. Unfortunately with time being precious, we probably won't see anyone along the way due to commits at home.....I wish we had another few days but alas...........:confused:

We will post a thread about our trek back and keep it up to date. stay tuned for that thread.

I'm hoping to make it to Carlisle one of these years. I've heard so much about it.

Colin.

I'm going to make the trip this year for the first time albeit in another vehicle as I'm unwilling to drive my '75 that far from home. So we'll drive the Challenger (and hide it behind a barn...) but at least my wife and I can walk the showfield knowing that we have a Vette in the garage back home! We'll arrive Thu evening and depart Sunday morning, thus we'll be able to spend one full day on site, watch the parade Saturday night and do the tourist thing the rest of the time. I'll take some pics and post them after I return.

Here's hoping for good weather...

VV

I'm going to make the trip this year for the first time albeit in another vehicle as I'm unwilling to drive my '75 that far from home. So we'll drive the Challenger (and hide it behind a barn...) but at least my wife and I can walk the showfield knowing that we have a Vette in the garage back home! We'll arrive Thu evening and depart Sunday morning, thus we'll be able to spend one full day on site, watch the parade Saturday night and do the tourist thing the rest of the time. I'll take some pics and post them after I return.

Here's hoping for good weather...

VV
1 day is not enough....I drove my '75 convert down twice, can be a hot experience without A/C

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.