wilyvet

Casual User
Dec 16, 2014
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
GM Authority reported Tadge Juechter as saying that there had been 8,206 2015 Z06s built as of April 22: 81% coupes (19% convs), 3LZ-75%, Z07-39%, black-18%, white-16%, grey-16%, blue/blue leather 2%. With two more months of production at Bowling Green ... 10,000 Z06s?

I am told 52 is a very good number for Canada...but I cannot confirm it. It is still far less than the need. There should NEVER have been the opportunity to import US Z06s for quick profit which left buyers without warranty for 6 months/8000k. It was a windfall for GM though which is why they never stopped it I am sure.

I am told 52 is a very good number for Canada...but I cannot confirm it. It is still far less than the need. There should NEVER have been the opportunity to import US Z06s for quick profit which left buyers without warranty for 6 months/8000k. It was a windfall for GM though which is why they never stopped it I am sure.

From what I am hearing GM US is saying no warranty at all for Z06 imports to Canada and you have to buy a third party warranty. There is a squabble going on with GM Canada at the moment.

From what I am hearing GM US is saying no warranty at all for Z06 imports to Canada and you have to buy a third party warranty. There is a squabble going on with GM Canada at the moment.

I have had people PM me from the USA ( USA Vette forum ) about tranny issues in their C7 Z's from chats going on down there

be careful if you buy a US version

Brian

GM Authority reported Tadge Juechter as saying that there had been 8,206 2015 Z06s built as of April 22: 81% coupes (19% convs), 3LZ-75%, Z07-39%, black-18%, white-16%, grey-16%, blue/blue leather 2%. With two more months of production at Bowling Green ... 10,000 Z06s?

My friend had a Z06 built May 18th serial ending in 7339 I believe, so 8206 back in April seems a little out of whack.
White Z07 spectra Gray wheels.

Tadge had said over 8000 units built just a while ago,again. It was in his reply re: temperature concern on another forum...so they are not correcting themselves. Not sure why the discrepancies. Some have mentioned that it could be cars built for export. There was also irregularities in the vin tracking on the other site as I pointed out there. For example based on vins and build dates only 28 cars per day were being produced. When the confirmed number is about 70 Z's a day.

Last edited:
Tadge had said over 8000 units built just a while ago,again. It was in his reply re: temperature concern on another forum...so they are not correcting themselves. Not sure why the discrepancies. Some have mentioned that it could be cars built for export. There was also irregularities in the vin tracking on the other site as I pointed out there. For example based on vins and build dates only 28 cars per day were being produced. When the confirmed number is about 70 Z's a day.

Mike B. at Barry Hudson Chevrolet in Listowel reported that my Z06 was assembled May 20 and its VIN is 5607403. Presuming that all Z06 VINs begin with "560", the report in April of more than 8,000 Z06s having already been built was inaccurate. One suspects that Tadge Juechter was misquoted.

They first mentioned the 8200 units built at The Bash back in April. Confirmed on video. Most everybody commented on the number yet there was no retraction. Then Tadge responded in his own hand on the other forum in the "Ask Tadge section to the question re: overheating. The thread I am referring to is written by him directly. I have posted his full reply below as it offers some good information as well.

"Tadge answered:
I see the reference to both Stingray and Z06, so I will address both starting with the Stingray: We do all of our track validation with the front plate removed and I am not aware of a case of overheating when a Z51 car is properly prepared. The article referenced talks about cooling issues on the street when driven aggressively in hot temperatures with the front plate installed. I see in the picture of the Edmunds long term test, the car has a front plate in what we call the "show" position and so when driven very aggressively had insufficient cooling. As discussed in the owner's manual, this panel is "to be removed when driving aggressively or in hot weather". All cars shipped to states that require front plates also have a plate frame that mounts higher on the bumper and does not block as much of the cooling flow. Because states have varying height-to-ground requirements the plate holder sits high on the front bumper to accommodate those laws. While fully legal and beneficial for cooling performance, it doesn't look very good and many customers have asked for a more integrated solution, hence the optional "show" position centered on the grille. Although intended as a "show" position, for 99% of street usage the cooling performance is fine. Some may be quick to point out that other cars seem to be able to have low front plates and robust cooling (fourth and fifth generation Corvettes, for example), but those are "bottom breathers" with major compromises to down force performance. Although there are very few complaints from Z51 customers on cooling issues, we are looking at taking some of the learnings and hardware from the Z06 and making them available on the Stingray. For example, the front-mounted supplemental trans cooler developed for the Z06 automatic will be included in the Z51 package for automatic coupes starting in the 2016 model year.

We have discussed the Z06 cooling robustness in this space before and are very concerned about what some customers are experiencing. We have built over 8,000 Z06's so far with the vast majority of them having no cooling issues. We are working to gather data from customers (some of whom may have posted here) who have concerns and are in the process of sorting through that. We have found a few build issues, a few prep issues, and some vehicle mods that have hurt cooling performance. An example of a build issue would be an improper bleed of the intercooler circuit. Even a small air bubble can impact performance. As I indicated in in my last "Ask Tadge" answer, we design for 30 degrees centigrade and have for decades without customer dissatisfaction. We may have to move our target upwards since customers appear to want to run their cars very hard at elevated temperatures.

The question asks about what kind of cooling upgrade could be made available through GM performance parts. I can tell you we are looking at a variety of robustness improvements that could take many forms. It could be in calibration (and for followers of these threads, we haven't forgotten about the "rough track" chassis calibration talked about a few weeks back), cooling system or specification changes, or even super charger hardware tweaks. It will take us a while to work through what makes the most sense and to do the validation, but we will make every effort to make sure that the changes are backwards-compatible to vehicles already produced. In the meantime, we sincerely appreciate the customers we've contacted openness and willingness to work with us on continuous improvement."

Here is my full post re production vins. Which nobody could explain... re: vins and production dates. It clearly shows the messed up math in the current vin registry system that is being done online.

"So here are my musings thus far on this one....
I had also noticed quite some time ago that the site vin registry has some oddities. I had been watching the numbers and pattern to the registration sequence.The numbers from build dates to build dates seem off. They never added up with what we know to be true....

For example, look at the vin registered on April 2nd 2015. It is number 5472. Now look at the next build date of April 14th. It is car number5750....So in 14 calendar days and ten business days we have only 278 cars being made?....Yet the accepted/quoted production numbers are 70 Z's a day. We should have seen apprx 700 units produced in that period. So did they suddenly build only 27-28 cars a day? If we assume the car on the 2nd was the last car of the day and the car on the 14th was the first produced. This helps narrow the number gap. We still come up a mile short. This is not factoring in what GM has stated re "overtime" there was mention of them running a Saturday shift as well. If so then rough number of builds now becomes 840 units and the gap widens even further.

Tadge has also been quoted as saying "40 percent of our orders are Z06s.” GM is showing record numbers of vettes being sold for the 2015 totals....So volume is up over last years and we know the Z composes a huge part of it.

Somebody had a thread on here that mentioned their build date. Another member chimed in that his car was 180 further down the sequence and that he was built a day or two earlier...? So there is also a possibility that TPW's, delivery and pick up days might/are being mixed up.

VetterFlyer replied in a thread "In March I had lunch/dinner with some VIP plant folks. They told me that they were trying to build 175 car/day. On the plant tour the sign said 175 today's target current rate 165. Also they hoped to do 39,000 this year and Z06's were currently 40% or about 70/ day. I can't question that'.

So something is out of whack somewhere....."

Wow that should make it real difficult to sell the balance of imported US cars that dealers have. Or drive the price up even higher if the dealer has to pay for the 3rd party warrenty in order to make it possible to sell them Not even sure why GM Canada would care. Maybe this is GM's way of punishing the dealers who imported them.
Not to mention anyone who bought one and finds out they possibly won't be cover in Canada for warrenty Something like this would certainly put a stop to all the nonsense of importing future cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread