Jan 27, 2009
Township of Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1975 coupe/2003 vert
Province
BC
Hi kids..
I wanted to build a replica of our recently acquired 2003 Corvette roadster. I purchased a 1/18 1998 black roadster recently.

It needs some updating and detail painting so I took it apart.

It also needed a set of Z06 wheels from a doner car.

It's getting back together, c/w floor mats, rear wind deflector, new wheels, etc.

Here it is c/w underhood blanket and motor details.

wire mesh grill inserts too.

thanx for looking
graham

Reactions: Hiroki Soki
Well done Graham.
icon14.gif

Colin.

I took the lazy man's route. I was ordering some stuff from the Corvette museum and there was the identical diecast model of our 2005. It sits on the sill of our living room window. It saves going down to the garage to look at the real one. Now, how lazy is that. :eek:

Thanx Wayne & Rob...
I've had this acrylic paint crack sometimes in the past. I've attributed it to being applied too thick? I've had mostly successful applications. I painted the seats with a mix of flat & gloss acrylic paint to get a leather sheen. If that cracks a bit it will give the seats added texture!

Graham

Hi kids..
I wanted to build a replica of our recently acquired 2003 Corvette roadster. I purchased a 1/18 1998 black roadster recently.

It needs some updating and detail painting so I took it apart.

It also needed a set of Z06 wheels from a doner car.

It's getting back together, c/w floor mats, rear wind deflector, new wheels, etc.

Here it is c/w underhood blanket and motor details.

wire mesh grill inserts too.

thanx for looking
graham

That turned out great! I can't believe that you even went so far as to buy a donor car for the Z06 wheels. I guess that just proves how passionate us Corvette owners can be. Nice to see and what a great way to break up the pain of not being able to drive your real one

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Thanx Justin....
Our club is having our Xmas brunch this morning and after we are heading to a local car show. I don't know how the organizers did it but the weather is nice today!!! Maybe I need to get a one-day insurance permit.
Or maybe I'll take the die-cast model and a magnifying glass.
Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread