Jan 27, 2009
Township of Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1975 coupe/2003 vert
Province
BC
Hi kids..
I wanted to build a replica of our recently acquired 2003 Corvette roadster. I purchased a 1/18 1998 black roadster recently.

It needs some updating and detail painting so I took it apart.

It also needed a set of Z06 wheels from a doner car.

It's getting back together, c/w floor mats, rear wind deflector, new wheels, etc.

Here it is c/w underhood blanket and motor details.

wire mesh grill inserts too.

thanx for looking
graham

Reactions: Hiroki Soki
Well done Graham.
icon14.gif

Colin.

Thanx for the comments gents.
There was not going to be a pre-made diecast convert with Z06 wheels.
I was lucky to find a black convert to use as a starting point.

Graham

Nice job Graham. Love the detail on the motor!! How do you like the Tamiya Acrylic paint, I never had much luck with it as I found it cracked with age. Does it seem to hold up for you?
Rob

Thanx Wayne & Rob...
I've had this acrylic paint crack sometimes in the past. I've attributed it to being applied too thick? I've had mostly successful applications. I painted the seats with a mix of flat & gloss acrylic paint to get a leather sheen. If that cracks a bit it will give the seats added texture!

Graham

Hi kids..
I wanted to build a replica of our recently acquired 2003 Corvette roadster. I purchased a 1/18 1998 black roadster recently.

It needs some updating and detail painting so I took it apart.

It also needed a set of Z06 wheels from a doner car.

It's getting back together, c/w floor mats, rear wind deflector, new wheels, etc.

Here it is c/w underhood blanket and motor details.

wire mesh grill inserts too.

thanx for looking
graham

That turned out great! I can't believe that you even went so far as to buy a donor car for the Z06 wheels. I guess that just proves how passionate us Corvette owners can be. Nice to see and what a great way to break up the pain of not being able to drive your real one

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Thanx Justin....
Our club is having our Xmas brunch this morning and after we are heading to a local car show. I don't know how the organizers did it but the weather is nice today!!! Maybe I need to get a one-day insurance permit.
Or maybe I'll take the die-cast model and a magnifying glass.
Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread