If the battery won’t take a charge it sounds like you have a different problem.
How old is the battery? Have you tested the battery for voltage? Maybe connections have failed. There are fusable links in your main circuit down to your starting system I believe. I’ve seen a few threads on both the links and ground failures causing this.
Is the dashboard dead too?

Not close to enough information to give you a proper answer.

I’d tow it to a dealership... they will sort it out for you quickly.

Derek

First thing I would do is take the battery out of the car and try putting a charge on it. You might need a charger that will condition the battery to get it to take a charge if it is beyond dead. Some batteries can be difficult to take an initial charge if drained too far. If it still doesn't take charge bring it somewhere to get tested. Most shops will do this for free or for a small charge (pun intended LOL)

Reactions: Bixter44
First thing I would do is take the battery out of the car and try putting a charge on it. You might need a charger that will condition the battery to get it to take a charge if it is beyond dead. Some batteries can be difficult to take an initial charge if drained too far. If it still doesn't take charge bring it somewhere to get tested. Most shops will do this for free or for a small charge (pun intended LOL)

I did unhook the neg. battery cable than put charger on and it took 10 hr. with a slow charge to fully charge. I had to reset some of my personnel settings. I think it would not charged when battery hooked to car because on the 05's there is always a power draw and the charger took it to be an open load and would not charge. Hopefully all is good and I make sure it is in reverse when I park it. Really appreciate you helping me. Enjoy your corvette Thanks

Ronlea, glad you got it sorted out. You probably already know this but you can buy lead adapters that screw into the battery once the cables are disconnected to hook up the charger to. I find sometime the alligator clips on my Battery Tender do not have much clamping force on the battery leads. The larger lead screw in ones hold the clips much firmer.

Get out and enjoy that beast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.