Casual User
May 26, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2002 Z06
Province
ON
Hi All-
New to the site and looking for some input on changing out my stock rims on my '02 Z06 to 18" aftermarkets all around. Planning a x-country trip and having a spare & tire kit may become more of a necessity than a suitcase full of clothes LOL. Wondering if anyone made that type of conversion and what the outcome was. Any pics would be helpful too.

Thanks

Is it fine to show my 18/19 setup? Stock C7 wheels, 20mm spacer in the back.
Currently on Run-flats, but will switch to non run flat tires once these are worn out. I never carried a spare tire, just a dynaplug kit/plyers/compressor, and I’ve only needed it once in 75,000km of driving, however, that was to plug a hole made from a 1/4” bolt with a nut still on it. I have CAA for anything larger than that...which I hope I never see!
607BB56C-CF81-4426-B921-3CDC555D2D72.jpeg

@Scullyz06 if you are going to switch wheels maybe look at 19". There seems to be a lot more options for tires in that size.

I went with CCW SP 16A's 19" front and rear with no spacers required. Michelin Pilot Super Sports all around. Really happy with them until I have to polish them!

Good luck with

Reactions: Bobbo76 and Riley P
No issues with mine at all @Scullyz06. The fronts are 265/30/19 the rears 305/30/19.

If you can wait a day or so I will get you the specs on the wheels in terms of offsets and setback. I will say John at CCW was great to work with they were bought by Weld Wheels (?) so I have no idea what they are like to deal with now.

@Scullyz06 the following are the specs off my order for CCW SP 16a wheels

Rears:

19" x 11" with 8.15" of backspace and a + 64 offset. The rear wheels have a two inch lip.

Fronts:

19" x 9.5" with 7.30" of backspace and a + 52 offset. The front wheels have a 1" lip.

Never any clearance issues with the fronts or rears with the Michelin Pilot Sports. They are sticky. I live on a gravel road so once I get to the highway I have to do a NASCAR swerve to clean them off!

The wheels were designed to accommodate a "big brake" kit. Had I not wanted to go that route the specs including lip width, offset and backspacing would have changed. I like the look of the car with the original Z06 grey rims and like to run it with them installed. They will not accept a larger brake package so that is a modification I have yet to make. I do like the look of the bigger brakes especially on the rear.

Again, ask around about tire sizes for your Z06 in the rim size you want. I found 19" much easier to find than 18". I did get replacement 17 & 18" Z06 tires from Canadian Tire last year, Continentals, but had to wait a LONG time to get them. Still have not installed them. Nascar03 (Graham) has a version of those tires on his C5 and likes them a lot.

Good luck ScullyZ06.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.