Nice, I still can't afford one, but at least I can't afford it a little less. :D

There was lots of talk about these factory deals not coming to Canada so I was a bit surprised to see this. I suspect there are many well trimmed cars available for them to be offering 10 off MSRP and 0% for 5. I get what you are saying Riley I refused to go into debt to have my dream car sitting 7 months of the year eating up payments and insurance costs. It took some normally unseen discipline from me to wait and wait till I could buy outright. My wife thought I had been abducted and lobotomized into a normal responsible purchaser guy for a while. I relieved her of that concern with blowing cash on carbon fiber and that damn Hummer only days later. :Biggrin:

D

If one has the cash to pay outright ... and a Corvette they want on a Dealer's Lot. 10% off and 0% financing is a "Good Deal " and a "Good Debt" by
being disciplined to invest the cash in a Canadian Bank's relatively stable unit-value income fund and pay each month with the dividend
topped-up with selling units to equal the loan payment amount. Math skill is required along with the cash to invest. I did not buy outright, struck a
descent discounted deal on a Corvette and I am making close to 6% annualized investment income as I pay off a 0% loan. I will also add
that I am already driving the Stingray too ! One draw-back I found is that Car Insurance is about $25 per year more (in my case) as it has a lien holder.
Should someone see that I have this all wrong ... please PM me as I obviously am not seeing past the Corvette Grin on my face ...

If one has the cash to pay outright ... and a Corvette they want on a Dealer's Lot. 10% off and 0% financing is a "Good Deal " and a "Good Debt" by
being disciplined to invest the cash in a Canadian Bank's relatively stable unit-value income fund and pay each month with the dividend
topped-up with selling units to equal the loan payment amount. Math skill is required along with the cash to invest. I did not buy outright, struck a
descent discounted deal on a Corvette and I am making close to 6% annualized investment income as I pay off a 0% loan. I will also add
that I am already driving the Stingray too ! One draw-back I found is that Car Insurance is about $25 per year more (in my case) as it has a lien holder.
Should someone see that I have this all wrong ... please PM me as I obviously am not seeing past the Corvette Grin on my face ...

Spence if there is a will there is a way. Very clever way to acquire your grin. It shows you are thinking with the big head and not making an emotional purchase. Smart as now you can bask in all the good emotion and suffer no day after regrets.

Double thumbs up Dude! :thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
So here's my Corvette Dealer in Alberta ... Better than 10% + 0% financing + GM Visa credit + no Doc fees (every bit matters) ....
I'm giving up a secret of mine however I'm stocked up now in my personal inventory and it's time to share ...
... it appears that only in-stock 2017 Rays & GS inventory applies for this.
The links below will be gone when the cars are gone .... they will look for others for you too
Feel free to PM me if you want to use my name.

2017 Chevrolet Corvette for sale at Northgate Chevrolet Buick GMC Edmonton AB

2017 Chevrolet Corvette for sale at Northgate Chevrolet Buick GMC Edmonton AB

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I got this alert this morning, which is a good example of what these cars were priced at in the spring. This car is a M7 Z07 Z06 like yesterday. Far less advertized for options however the car yesterday had pretty much everything available beyond some decals, engine name plate and the carbon fibre hood insert.

Used Chevrolet Corvette For Sale in Canada - CarGurus

So if you are looking for a new Z, compare yesterday's alert above and today's. It show us just how much room there is to move on these high end Z06s.
My new Z06 with more overall options than both these cars came in in the middle of these 2 during peak buying season.
So Spence having cash in hand and the sales dept knowing you will walk away as you do not need a damn thing from them does work too to "negotiate" a better price. The trick is keeping an unemotional demeanour when they realize you are after a specific car as they are looking for your eyes to gloss over when they find it. So summing up your method against my utter laziness in buying seems to balance out as I feel I got a really good price on my very specific car this way. Plus I'm clearly much lazier than you. :Biggrin:

Anyway the comparison of the car prices for the late season buyer is the primary point of the post.

D

Reactions: Cruzin
Oh in no way am I saying one way is better than another. It is as you imply as whatever works to make it right for the buyer.
I am sharing a little bit from our past purchases ...
Being known to have the cash by the Dealer Representative works two-fold depending on the type of sales rep one gets.
I like the sales rep that knows I am very serious about that specific vehicle and the price to pay - not either or ... and I'm good to wait.
It took us a couple of months to settle on the SBM at the risk that someone else was gonna bring in a full wheelbarrow of $$$ and take it.
.... lucky for "RealGone" this didn't happen ...

Oh in no way am I saying one way is better than another. It is as you imply as whatever works to make it right for the buyer.
I am sharing a little bit from our past purchases ...
Being known to have the cash by the dealer representative works two-fold depending on the type of sales rep one gets.
I like the sales rep that knows I am very serious about that specific vehicle and the price to pay - not either or ... and I'm good to wait.
It took us a couple of months to settle on the SBM at the risk that someone else was gonna bring in a full wheelbarrow of $$$ and take it.
.... lucky for "RealGone" this didn't happen ...

It's a good point you make with actually knowing the salesperson. Buying in all scenarios is far better having an positive understanding of each other. Thinking about it, going in cold to buy a car from a complete stranger puts the process in a disadvantage immediately as the relationship begins with a good natured but naturally adversarial exchange.
So your method makes perfect sense in your situation Spence. I certainly offer no criticism or comparison beyond observation. I'm hoping for a similar experience on the ZR1 in regard to the relationship as spending so much time with the sales group with my new car has netted an understanding at least 1 friendship. Maybe I'll give your idea a try. :D

Cool discussion Spence. I understand the anxiety over waiting for the opportunity on a better price and hoping the car stays put. Again you demonstrate the big head thinking method. Haha.

:thumbs: D

Reactions: YFCvii
no secret been on Kijiji Edmonton for about a week. Sat in the base 1LT. Its base alright but 14% off msrp +0%-60 months is attractive. But dummies did'nt order it with performance exhaust....doh! This and probably sitting unsold as the grey interior a little off...imho. They have two others left.

Reactions: Cruzin
no secret been on Kijiji Edmonton for about a week. Sat in the base 1LT. Its base alright but 14% off msrp +0%-60 months is attractive. But dummies did'nt order it with performance exhaust....doh! This and probably sitting unsold as the grey interior a little off...imho. They have two others left.

I am pretty sure the $128k Black Rose Z06 they have was brought in by them (not posted in this thread though as Z06 is not priced reduced -yet).
The Yellow Vert 3LT Z51 was theirs too - has been there through Summer being beside the one we bought at the end of July.
The Red 1LT is one I don't recall being there on my visits and might be a swap from another dealer or taken from an allotment pool
or simply overlooked as it was not my 3LT spec - the window sticker will have the dealer noted though.
Who knows ... however agreed that the pricing is awesome for whomever is good with this Car's attributes versus price ... that's for sure ...
It would be good for the Dealer to note that if only for the exhaust and interior color, they can make sure an allotment for 2018 has
those features in mind.

(btw ... my use of "secret" had ambiguity - oops ... in that I would have been hush on mentioning these if I was actually in the market to buy one of them)

Last edited:
Here is a great black 17 M7 Z07 Z06 Vert with a June price. Actually the price is a bit high even for June but better than the one yesterday. It has some interior options but standard seats. Expect the price to plummet on this car soon. Again... the car is actually new.

Used Chevrolet Corvette For Sale in Canada - CarGurus
Ah Applewood, bought our black 07 Z51 new from them back in the day. At the time was a smokin deal.. I'm curious what's going to happen next month. FIngers crossed 0% go's away and some 20% promo comes along just like GM had C7 last Sept! Actually had the window sticker of that torch red 1LT in my hand finding it in the glove box but I did'nt pay attention to who the receiving dealer.

Ah Applewood, bought our black 07 Z51 new from them back in the day. At the time was a smokin deal.. I'm curious what's going to happen next month. FIngers crossed 0% go's away and some 20% promo comes along just like GM had C7 last Sept! Actually had the window sticker of that torch red 1LT in my hand finding it in the glove box but I did'nt pay attention to who the receiving dealer.

I had to bring my black 3LZ Z07 M7 Z in from Ontario with these options and more, although not a vert or this dealer. It was considerably less even after paying 1/2 the transport cost.

Not a good deal on the vert. Hopefully yes as you say 20% off. That would still be a fist full of cash for this one but on a vert a decent deal.

Decent discounts but they will probably get better. Jack Cater is advertising GS convertibles for $7,000 off and they have lots in stock. From my experience buying from them they will move a bit more on the already discounted prices.
Bob

Decent discounts but they will probably get better. Jack Cater is advertising GS convertibles for $7,000 off and they have lots in stock. From my experience buying from them they will move a bit more on the already discounted prices.
Bob
I believe they've got the same 6 or 7 on the lot they had last month. I'll take a look tomorrow if I can get down there.

The Red 1LT is one I don't recall being there on my visits and might be a swap from another dealer or taken from an allotment pool
or simply overlooked as it was not my 3LT spec - the window sticker will have the dealer noted though.

Sticker shows receiving dealer is Northgate for what its worth....... huge window pencil marking on the windshield advising "the cheapest new C7 pricing in the country"..... $59985+gst I believe it as its a bare bones car. They said they are $2K under invoice............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.