June 21/23, 2019
Our trip this year will start in Hinton, Alberta and travel towards Jasper. For travelers from the southern part of the province we have hotel accommodations set up and supper social will be a Mr. Mikes Steakhouse. Other restaurants are available as well.
Saturday morning our trip will include stops at Maligne Canyon and Pyramid Lake. We will continue down the Icefields Parkway with stops along the way. Saturday evening will be spent at the David Thompson Resort. This is 35 minutes east of Saskatchewan Crossing along Highway 11. This is a beautiful location close to Abraham Lake and has many amenities so something for everyone.
Here’s the current Details (To be added as plans finalized)
Friday, June 21, 2019 – For people travelling longer distances
- Quality Inns & Suites, 782 Carmichael Lane, Hinton, AB T7V 0A6, Hinton. Phone: 780-865-5255
- Book rooms now $227 including tax and will not be billed to your credit card until May 21, 2019.
- Supper Social at Mr. Mike’s
Saturday, June 22, 22, 2019
- Leave Hinton and travel towards Jasper.
- Stops will be made at Maligne Canyon and lunch TBD.
- Travel down Highway 93, stops are still being planned.
- Evening stay will be at the David Thompson Resort, 35 minutes east of Saskatchewan Crossing
- Booking must be completed by March 15, 2019 (Brian is working to get an extension to the booking date.
- Rate is $189 plus tax and includes breakfast.
- DTR is closed for the season, Phone: 403-721-2103. Leave voicemail asking for booking and they will return your call.
As stated at the beginning Brian is still planning and he will refine the details as they become available.